With the rising consumption level and improving consumer awareness in China, the demand for bank card payment is growing, and the number of merchants in the POS network is rapidly increasing, promoting the demand for financial POS machines. As of the end of 2010, there were 2.18 million merchants in the interbank-payment-network, up 610,000 merchants or 38.9% year on year.
As of the end of 2010, there were 3.33 million networked POS machines in China, up 925,700 units or 38.5% year on year.
The fast-growing ownership of networked financial POS machines doesn’t mean that the Chinese financial POS machine market has been saturated. In China, each POS machine corresponds to 724 bank cards, far outnumbering developed countries’. In the long run, there is still enormous potential demand for POS machines to be developed in China. In the short run, China’s banking industry is accelerating the EMV migration from magnetic stripe card to IC card, making it possible for the demand from financial POS machine inventory transformation to increase rapidly. Furthermore, the improvement of the bank card payment security resulted from the EMV transformation will increase the incremental demand in the mid-to-long term.
LANDI Commercial Equipment Co., Ltd. is one of the largest financial POS vendors in China. In 2008, it was acquired by Ingenico, one of the largest financial payment providers in the world. It sold more than 500,000 financial POS machines in China in 2010.
PAX Global Technology Limited is an electronic funds transfer at point-of-sale (EFT-POS) terminal solution provider occupying a large share in the Chinese market. In 2010, it was spun off from Hi Sun Technology, and went public on the HKEx.
VeriFone is the world's largest provider of financial payment solutions. In 2010, it acquired the financial payment businesses including POS machine business of Hypercom and Gemalto to secure its leadership in the global market. However, its business in China has shown a downward trend due to the impact from local enterprises.
Shenzhen Xinguodu Technology Co., Ltd. is engaged in the research and development, production and sales of financial POS machines. It has developed rapidly in recent years, with the sales volume of financial POS machines increasing from 21,000 units in 2007 to 220,000 units in 2010. It went public on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange GEM in October 2010.
1. OVERVIEW OF CHINA FINANCIAL POS MACHINE INDUSTRY 1.1 DEFINITION 1.2 CLASSIFICATION 1.3 DEVELOPMENT COURSE
2. PROFIT MODELS OF RELATED FINANCIAL POS MACHINE BUSINESS SUBJECTS 2.1 FINANCIAL POS MACHINE BUSINESS FLOW AND BUSINESS SUBJECTS 2.2 BANKS & UNIONPAY 2.3 MERCHANTS 2.4 TELECOM OPERATORS 2.5 FINANCIAL POS MACHINE MANUFACTURERS
3. CHINA’S FINANCIAL POS MACHINE INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT 3.1 NETWORKED MERCHANT & BANK CARD SCALE, 2010 3.2 FINANCIAL POS MACHINE MARKET SCALE, 2010
4. KEY FINANCIAL POS MACHINE OPERATORS IN CHINA 4.1 CHINA UNIONPAY 4.2 ICBC 4.3 CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANK 4.4 BANK OF CHINA 4.5 AGRICULTURAL BANK OF CHINA 4.6 BANK OF COMMUNICATIONS 4.7 CHINA MERCHANTS BANK 4.8 CHINA MINSHENG BANK 4.9 CHINA EVERBRIGHT BANK 4.10 BANK OF BEIJING
5. GLOBAL FINANCIAL POS MACHINE INDUSTRY COMPETITION 5.1 INTERNATIONAL MARKET 5.2 CHINA’S MARKET
6. CHINA’S KEY POS MACHINE MANUFACTURERS 6.1 FUJIAN LANDI COMMERCIAL EQUIPMENT CO., LTD 6.1.1 Profile 6.1.2 Operation 6.1.3 Development 6.2 SHENZHEN ZHENGTONG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD 6.2.1 Profile 6.2.2 Operation 6.2.3 Development 6.3 PAX GLOBAL 6.3.1 Profile 6.3.2 Operation 6.3.3 Development 6.4 FUJIAN NEWLAND COMPUTER CO., LTD 6.4.1 Profile 6.4.2 Operation 6.4.3 Development 6.5 SHANGHAI POTEVIO CO., LTD 6.5.1 Profile 6.5.2 Operation 6.5.3 Development 6.6 SHENZHEN XINGUODU TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. 6.6.1 Profile 6.6.2 Operation 6.7 OTHERS 6.7.1 Blue Bamboo Transaction Systems (Shanghai) Co., Ltd 6.7.2 Hangzhou Sunyard Technology Co., Ltd. 6.7.3 Shanghai SAND Information Technology System Co., Ltd 6.7.4 Zhongchao Credit Card Industry Development Co., Ltd 6.7.5 New POS Technology Co., Ltd 6.7.6 SPECTRA Technologies Holdings Co., Ltd
7. KEY INTERNATIONAL POS MACHINE MANUFACTURERS 7.1 INGENICO 7.2 VERIFONE 7.3 NEC
8. CHINA’S FINANCIAL POS MACHINE MARKET DEVELOPMENT TREND 8.1 DEVELOPMENT TREND 8.2 DEVELOPMENT PROSPECT OF POS MACHINE MARKET SEGMENTS 8.2.1 Wireless POS Machine 8.2.2 EPOS Market 8.2.3 Fingerprint POS Machine 8.2.4 Tobacco POS Machine 8.3 EMV MIGRATION AND INFLUENCE
TechNavio’s analysts forecast the 4G Equipment Market in the APAC region to grow at a CAGR of 63.3 percent over the period 2010–2014. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is t ...Read More
TechNavio’s analysts forecast the Global Femtocell Equipment market to grow at a CAGR of 81 percent CAGR over the period 2010–2014. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is inc ...Read More
TechNavio’s analysts forecast the LTE Infrastructure market in North America to grow at a CAGR of 63 percent over the period 2010–2014. One of the key factors contributing to this market growth is ...Read More
1 & 1 Internet AG - Strategic SWOT Analysis ReviewSummary1 & 1 Internet AG (1 & 1) is a leading internet provider. 1 & 1 operates as a subsidiary of United Internet AG. The company principally engages ...Read More
2 Ergo Group Plc (RGO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis ReviewSummary2 Ergo Group Plc (2 Ergo) is a provider of mobile enabling technology. The company is engaged in the provision, application, ...Read More
The Telemarketing Services Industry report, published annually by Barnes Reports, contains timely and accurate industry statistics, forecasts and demographics. The report features 2010 current and 201 ...Read More
The U.S Telephone Answering Service Industry report, published annually by Barnes Reports, contains timely and accurate industry statistics, forecasts and demographics. The report features 2010 curren ...Read More
The Telephone Equipment Mfg. Industry report, published annually by Barnes Reports, contains timely and accurate industry statistics, forecasts and demographics. The report features 2010 current and 2 ...Read More
The Worldwide Radio Networks Industry report, published annually by Barnes Reports, contains timely and accurate industry statistics, forecasts and demographics. The report features 2010 current and 2 ...Read More
For support please contact: US Toll Free
+1 888-789-6604 Asia Pacific
To receive alerts about an update, future offers and discounts on this report, signup here. Email ID